More than a six-course program, the IB trains you to be a person with a good personality. Coping with the challenges in IB allows you to adapt quickly to new systems. Your English improves tremendously and your interest in science increases. I passed the English proficiency exam at ITU by taking AA and started the first year without studying the preparatory class.
Contributions of International School to Students
International school provide students with a unique educational experience that combines a global perspective with rigorous academic standards. These school offer a diverse student body and a curriculum that is often based on international standards, such as the International Baccalaureate (IB) program. As a result, students at international school are exposed to different cultures and ways of thinking, which helps them develop a global mindset and a better understanding of the world around them.
In addition to providing a diverse and global education, international school also offer a wide range of extracurricular activities and opportunities for students to develop their interests and passions. These can include sports teams, music and drama programs, and clubs and societies. Many international school also offer language immersion programs, which give students the opportunity to learn a new language and immerse themselves in a different culture.
Another important aspect of international school is that they often have highly qualified and experienced teachers. This is particularly true for school that are accredited by organizations such as the Council of International school (CIS) or the New England Association of school and Colleges (NEASC). These accreditation organizations ensure that international school meet high standards of education and that the teachers are well-trained and experienced.
In summary, international school offer students a unique and valuable educational experience that combines a global perspective with rigorous academic standards, a diverse student body and extracurricular activities, and highly qualified teachers. This helps students develop a global mindset and a better understanding of the world around them, while also giving them the opportunity to pursue their interests and passions.
How to Become an International School Student
Becoming a student at an international school involves a few steps that you should consider before applying.
- Research: Start by researching different international school in the area or region you are interested in. Look at their websites and read about their curriculums, extracurricular activities, and the languages they offer. It is also a good idea to read reviews from current and past students and parents.
- Admissions Requirements: Make sure you understand the school’s admissions requirements. This may include submitting transcripts, test scores, a personal statement, and/or an interview. Some school may also require that you take an admissions test or submit proof of language proficiency.
- Language Requirements: If the school you are interested in teaches in a language other than your native language, you may need to demonstrate language proficiency in order to be accepted. This could include taking a language test or submitting a language certificate.
- Financial Arrangements: International school can be expensive and you will need to consider how you will pay for tuition and other costs. You may need to apply for financial aid or scholarships in order to afford to attend.
- Application and Enrollment: Once you have completed the necessary steps, you can submit your application to the international school. If you are accepted, you will need to complete the enrollment process, which may include submitting additional documents and paying any necessary fees.
It is important to note that the process can vary depending on the school and the country you are applying to. Make sure you understand the specific requirements and deadlines for the school you are interested in.
In summary, becoming an international school student requires research, understanding the admissions requirements, language proficiency, financial arrangements and submitting an application, following by the enrollment process. It is essential to understand the specific requirements and deadlines of the school you are applying to.
What Does an International School Student Do?
An international school student typically has a similar experience to that of a student at a traditional school, but with a few key differences.
- Curriculum: International school often follow a curriculum that is based on international standards, such as the International Baccalaureate (IB) program. This means that the curriculum is designed to be more globally focused and may include subjects like world languages, global perspectives, and international affairs.
- Language Immersion: Many international school offer language immersion programs, where students have the opportunity to study and learn a new language.
This could include language classes, conversation groups, or even cultural activities.
- Diversity: International school often have a diverse student body, with students from all over the world. This allows students to be exposed to different cultures and ways of thinking, which can help them develop a global mindset and a better understanding of the world around them.
- Extracurricular activities: International school usually offer a wide range of extracurricular activities and opportunities for students to develop their interests and passions, such as sports teams, music and drama programs, clubs, and societies.
- Homestay: Some international school provide homestay options for international students, where the student lives with a host family. This allows the student to fully immerse themselves in the local culture and improve their language skills.
In summary, international school students typically have a curriculum that is based on international standards, opportunities to learn new languages through immersion programs, a diverse student body and extracurricular activities, and may have the option to live with a host family. These experiences help students develop a global mindset, learn about different cultures and have the opportunity to pursue their interests and passions.