International Baccalaureate İstanbul
What is International Baccalaureate Meaning?
International Baccalaureate is one of the general education programs in the world. International Baccalaureate Diploma Program is being implemented in 2626 schools in 196 countries and 33 high schools in Turkey.
The International Baccalaureate Organization is based in Geneva, Switzerland and this organization –also called IBO- was founded in 1960. International Baccalaureate Organization has offices in Hague, New York, Buenos Aires, Singapore and United Kingdom. The program of IBO has a worldwide validity and it is followed by many schools in the world.
The IB Diploma Program is a comprehensive two-year program for students aged 16-19 years. Highly motivated high school students who choose this program receive their internationally recognized IB Diploma at the end of their final exams. In Turkey, IB students also get MEB (Milli Eğitim Bakanlığı) Diploma when they graduated.
The International Baccalaureate Curriculum
With International Baccalaureate curriculum, students gain the necessary knowledge about the content and importance of the IB program. Curriculum of IB program is designed for students to develop
- working methods and techniques in the most efficient way
- research skills
- their writing skills to write articles, essays and texts easily in their native and foreign languages
- independent and critical thinking skills
- sense of responsibility
International Baccalaureate curriculum involved literature both in their native and foreign languages, economy, philosophy, psychology, biology, chemistry, physic, math and business management. On the other and, students work for 150 hours on their creativity, action and service studies.
International Baccalaureate Advantages
- The International Baccalaureate Diploma Program or IBDP encourages students to create an international perspective based on their own language and culture.
- International Baccalaureate Program creates a qualified structure for universities all over world.
- It emphasizes the student’s entire development physically, mentally, emotionally and morally.
- International Baccalaureate graduates gain many privileges as they enter universities in the United States, the United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and various European countries. More than a thousand universities in over 100 countries accept the International Baccalaureate diploma It also offers scholarship opportunities to many private universities in Turkey and in the world.
- International Baccalaureate graduates will be distinguished by their achievements in their university and work life as a result of their education.
- International Baccalaureate Diploma ensures that the infrastructure of being a higher education student, different aspects of the life and it improves the international understanding of the students.
- Gökkuşağı International School is an international baccalaureate world school. For a successful university life of our students, we have an international baccalaureate accreditation.